Do eyelash extensions ruin your natural lashes?
They do not. If applied correctly and properly, they are safe and do not ruin the health of your natural lashes. Be sure not to rub your eyes or tug or pull on the extensions because this can cause lash loss and even damage to your natural lashes.
Is there anything I should do to prepare for my appointment?
Yes! Try your best to arrive without any eye makeup. This will minimise the cleanup time and allow more time for applying the extensions.
How do I take care of my extensions?
· Do not get lashes wet for at least 10 hours
· Use oil-free eye makeup remover
· Avoid hot steam or sauna (minimise hot yoga)
· Avoid running water directly on your lashes
· Do not rub, pick or pull your eyes
· Do not use a mechanical eyelash curler
Can you put on mascara with eyelash extensions?
We do not recommend putting mascara on your extensions, especially waterproof mascara or any type of oil based mascara can dissolve the bonding agent and shorten the life of your eyelash extensions causing them to fall sooner. Also only use a water based eye makeup remover.
The lashes are falling off quicker than expected. How come?
Some common culprits of lashes not lasting:
· Oily skin and using skincare products containing oil - lash adhesive doesn't agree with oil! Please use our recommended products to be sure this is not the cause.
· Lack of cleansing - the eye area is naturally quite oily. Not washing the area means there will be a build up of oils secreted by the skin, and this will not only weaken your lash growth but make the extensions fall off very quickly.
· Not rinsing off your make upremover - many clients choose to use an eye makeup remover using a pad or a makeup remover wipe. These products contain emollients to avoid drying out your delicate eye area. This film must be washed off afterwards with a foaming cleanser or it will have a similar effect to using an oil product on the eyes.
· Excessive touching - playing with the lashes is fun but your fingertips contain oil (just look at the screen on your phone or keyboard on your computer) and you are applying oil every time you touch the them. Please leave them alone other than during your daily washing ritual!
· Lifestyle factors - extensions never last as well on people who regularly sweat it out at the gym, go swimming, do hot yoga etc. You must be prepared to get infills more often than others.
· Heavy makeup - extensions also never lash as well on people who wear a lot of makeup (especially eye makeup) daily compared to someone who wears little or no makeup. More makeup means more products and more effort to remove everything.
· Lash cycle - many factors including hormones, season and diet can affect the speed of your lash cycle. It is quite normal that sometimes your lashes naturally shed quicker than other times.
· Lash design - the extensions selected may be too long and/or too thick for your natural lashes, causing them to twist or fall off prematurely. The design chosen may also not be well supported by how your lashes grow naturally eg. a cat eye styling when the natural lashes on the outer corners are very short and fine. This can be discussed with your stylist at your next appointment.
Please keep in mind it is completely normal and healthy to lose around 3 lashes per day whether you have extensions or not.
How long does it last and how often do I need to maintain my extensions?
Most individual lash extensions will last 6 to 8 weeks, though we recommend getting a touch up every 2 to 3 weeks. After 3 weeks, If you wait too long your eyelash extensions will fall out and you will require a full set. Other factors such as exposure to steam, humidity or touching your eyes a lot may cause the extensions to fall sooner. Touch-ups can take anywhere from 45 - 90 minutes, depending on how long you wait between appointments. During your touch-up appointment, we will remove make-up residue, remove grown-out extensions, prime your lashes and apply extensions to new lash growth.